1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer hp

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TJLC, Feb 26, 2002.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a new Lazer Hp 52" 23 Kohler. My dealer told me it is a 2002 model. The serial # is 292732. I personally think it's a 2001. It's a new machine with about 1 hr on it. Is it a leftover 2001? What does this # tell you. Thanks for any help.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

According to that serial number the machine was stolen from a parking lot in Toledo Ohio last week and the guy wants it back real bad. No not really. That serial number does tell me your machine left the factory last august which is part of the 2002 model year and to what part of the country it was shipped. If you like I can even tell you the serial number of the engine. With a little work I can tell you who bolted on every part in the assembly process but it will take some time.

The model year really is more of an accounting function than it is a signal for major changes. As a manufacturer we have not had what I would consider true model year changes for several years. Instead we use a philosophy of running changes. All that means is that if we can build a better mower today we will do it rather than wait until the next year. As a customer the benefit to you is that on the day we built your machine it was the best machine we knew how to build.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about your mower just drop me a call at 800-667-5296.

3. TJLC

Terry, thank you for your always quick responses. Hearing you guys from Exmark just reinforces my reasons for being a diehard Exmark fan. You guys along with my dearler support and the quality and service which is second to none will keep me an Exmark fan for life. Thanks and keep up your hard work, we truly appreciate your efforts! Again thanks. I love my new Lazer.
  4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Just got our 2 ,72" 27hp lc Lazers today. Seen they had the smaller fuel caps. And thought they were 2001s. Didnt ask the salesman about it. He pointed it out to me before I had the chance to ask what they are. They turned out to be 2002s.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You'll love it more after you get some hours on it. The HP's are a great all around mower.
  6. TJLC

Thanks, 65 hoss. I've only got about 2 hrs on it and so far I really like it. I traded in my Exmark 36" hydro on it but kept my Exmark 48" hydro. It seems to be a good combo, one for slopes, one for flat areas. If anyone out there that owns a Lazer 52" hp model wants to give me any tips or advise on my new Lazer, I would be very happy to hear from you. Thanks again.