lazer hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by travis strecker, Jul 9, 2004.

1. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

what do yall think about a exmark lazer hp 48 which would yall choose kawaski or a kohler

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

kawi i have had great luck with them

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Bought mine (52") over a year ago and love it. I go the Kawi motor and started it off with the synthetic oil (also kawi) whch extended the warranty. Everythig is fine! (Knock wood);)

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm on Lazer HP #2. Both have been kawi motors. In the future there will be only kawi motors.

5. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I demo'd two different Lazer Z's (a 52" and a 60" Z) but both had Kohler's on them. The Deere's I demo'd all had Kaw's on them and I loved the motors (both the air cooled and L/C'd versions).

I don't think you could go wrong with a Kaw motor, regardless the brand mower you're buying. I'm not slamming the Kohlers, I just really, really like the Kawasaki's torque (peak torque comes in about 600 rpm sooner on comparable HP models such as the 25 or 27hp units) and it doesn't drink the fuel either.

Good luck.

6. Mowin Mac

Mowin Mac LawnSite Member

I have a 48" lazer hp with a 18 kohler.
    We have put just a shade over 300 hours on it.
    No problems at all so far.
    Just regular fluid changes & a little grease once in a while.
    Put sharp blades on every morning, and you will leave behind nothing but grass clippings and some beautiful stripes.

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the 48" lazer z hp with the 18hp kohler command pro and it now has 1,655 hours on it with no problems at all. Always starts easy, always runs strong. Never once has it shown any signs of not being enough power. Even in thick wet grass over a foot deep going up a steep hill. We have never had good luck with a kawi and there for will never own another kawi powered peice of equipment. KOHLER all the way! By the way the lazer z hp we have has only ever had 1 spindle, 1 blade belt and thats it.

8. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

how much can u get a 48 kohler for

9. when you are considering the hp ..think about this ..on the 48 there is little to no trim side...the 52 you get a much better trim side ...also the 52 has faster ground speed ..9.5 to the 48's 8.1.
    The 48 cuts great ...but to me the advantages of the 52 are compelling.