Lazer HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Felices, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

I was originally going to buy a Walker, but all of my customers have agreed to let me mulch. Since I contacted Ex-mark and recieved their pamphlet's on mulching some people asked me to mulch, even though last season they wanted everything bagged. Anyway, my question is which model to get. The 48" with a 21hp Kawasaki, or the 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Id get the biggest thatwill fit on your propertys,if you can get a 60 on there,that would be the best.A 60 holds hills much better and will shave more time off your busy day,time is money,so the added up front costs will be quickly saved with reduced hrs both in lablr and on the machine,for the same job done.With your options,Id get the 52-but the 60 will do more work for about the same cost per hour.Other than gates,and who has a 54" gate,the 60 will go anywhere the 52 can,and do hills even better.Good luck,

3. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to say good luck with your purchase!

[Edited by Island Lawn on 01-29-2001 at 03:12 PM]

4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I would also buy a 60" if you can, but if you realy think the 60" is to big get the 52"hp with the 23 kawi, the ground speed on the 52" is 9.5 and the 48" is only 8.1 so with the 52" deck and high ground speed you will be more productive.

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

If you can get a 52" on there ,i bet you can also get a 60 only 8" difference. Bigger is Better Marks Mowing Service

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 52" HP and I love it. If you want the HP model, the 52" is the biggest. 60" comes in Lazar only. Which one you want is up to you. I chose the HP because I couldn't get the ultra vac for the Lazar. In a month or so that will not be an issue anymore.

7. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

So you know for next time Lazer is spelt with a E not an A.

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52 Laser HP. I like it a lot. I went with the smaller deck size because its easier to use on residentials and I could use the vac with it, but like 65hoss said, the bigger vac unit is coming out soon.

Also I wanted one with a Kaw engine on it!! THe 23 Kaw runs great and has a lot of power, in my opinion more than the 25 Kohler.

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Bigger is better! I would definately get the 52 or the 60. The both have a higher ground speed.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mike,
    So my fingers work faster than my mind sometimes, don't harass people over honest mistakes. I happen to type almost 60 words per min. so sometimes spelling mistakes happen.