Lazer in Pond

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIG, May 21, 2002.

1. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Well for the second time since I have been doing this kind of work, since 1985, another of my mowers was driven into a pond. My 1999 25 hp 60" Lazer. I just can't believe somebody would take so much risk of injury to save a few minutes of going to get the walkbehind off the trailer. I will find out today how much this is going to cost me. I guess this is the difference between owners and employees, I would never put my $7000.00 at that much risk or my life. Very frustrating, it's not like we were'nt behind already! I am really P*****off about this. Hope you all have a better week than me. Peace!

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

sorry to hear about your luck, saftery first all the time, just like our rule in the fire service, saftery of yourself, your crew, equipment, then the customer/patient.

3. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

That's what is even worse, my helper is a paid firefighter!!! I was a volunteer for many years and you are right- you can't help somebody else if you are dead or hurt. He did feel really, really bad about what happened.

4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry aboutyour lazer. Hopefully you can get away with only changing fluids. Scotties' fire company would have saved your lazer and let employee drown.(maybe not a bad idea)

5. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I have been unexpectlantly suprised by my laser-I ended up in the street- lucky no cars were coming- once they start sliding look out- my sentar is much safer and slides a whole lot less

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey...I am currently considering buying a Sentar...quality of cut nice? No lawns over 2 acres here and I'm looking at the 60". How is it on hills generally? How steep can it climb or traverse before you start to worry?

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i have advocated doing hills w lazer. but only if u dont have danger at the bottum of the hill.lazer takes hills as good as any ,but u cant turn it loose if she goes wrong.,like u can a walkbehind.
    hills also mean good newer tires for safe operation.

8. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

My dealer just called, the pond jumping Lazer is fixed. $305.00. Could have been a lot worse. Might have to trade it in now. Would you guys keep it? Possible problems down the road, like a flood damaged car? Let me know.

9. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

scraper-the quality of cut is great- they have the higest blade speed allowed-I have the 25hp and recomend it highly
    I mow every lawn I have with the 61" cut from the postage stamps-to the football fields. It is the best mower I have used in my 20 years of mowing.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

And I was P.o'ed about an electric clutch going out on a walk behind. I feel for you.