Lazer LC or EPS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wildbilly1113, Feb 22, 2002.

1. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I need some input. Ihave narrowed my choice to Lazer 27lc or 26efi.I know all the pros of these machines and have read your numerous helpful posts in search.My dealer has both with mulch kit for 8000 apiece.I need some input from someone who has used both. Many thanks!:angel:

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

$8000 for either???

NEW???

Thats a steal!
    Jump on either one....QUICK!

They are both good engines, I'm hoping that my LC will outlast the EFI. It is quieter.

The EFI will get you a free suspension seat. Its a $500 seat if you want it on the LC.

Good Luck

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I will answer based on the 26EFI. I have one and really like it. I have a 2000 model which was the second year they were made and I only had one warranty problem that is now cured. I can tell you that I have significant savings on gas as compared to the old 25hp I had. Another nice feature is that it is turn the key and mow in all weather. No messing with a choke until its warm on those cool days.
    I would definately buy one again. Your operation is different but for me this works. Good Luck.

4. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

EFI is the way to go. Easier starts and less maintenance not to mention better fuel economy. Liq cooled is more for the guy who cuts 10 hrs a day when the weather is 90 degrees plus.

5. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys!I know the EPS is a little bit faster but will the added weight of the LC give me more stability on hills? Ihave heard from another dealer when the computer chip goes out on the EFI it is a 700 dollar repair job.TLS the $8000 he quoted me is the price that i could get at the manufacturer show march 8&9. I am also going to bite on Stihl fs85rt with trimmer,art. hedge trimmer,and pole pruner for $683.For the Echo PAS 2600 with same attachments he wants $786.He is in Frederick,MD-www.frederickkubota.com.I love God,Human raceand Lawnsite!:angel: :angel:

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

LC in my opinion is something else to go wrong. I would get the efi. Long life and easy maintenance. It comes down to your choice. Good luck.