Lazer mulching

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

In thoughts of purchasing a Lazer, the issue of mulching has arisen. I strictly mulch with my metro now and would like to do the same with the Lazer. But would also like the use of the side discharge without having to take off the Micro Mulch kit. How many of you with Lazers mulch without the kit and just use the plate, and how well does it work for you?

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a lazer and a turf tracer with mulch kits. They work well with the whole kit installed.
    If you just put the plate to cover the discharge, it will send all the clippings to the discharge and leave a row of piled grass there. Each blade needs to be enclosed with the baffles. I tried it before I got the mulch kit, and did not like it.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Reread the above post, it is totally correct.
  4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have the same set up as premo....If you have air tools, the transition from one to the other is fairly simple and can be done in about 30 min.
    I usually leave the mulch kit on both machines in the fall and early spring and then do the transition after everything looks very clean. I also bag with the Z on clean ups. Each set up performs well for me.

To answer your question. If your detail oriented, you wouldn't like the results of just the side cover installed.