1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer or HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Mar 18, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I'm trying to decide between the Lazer, and Lazer HP (23, 52).
    If I went with the Lazer I would probably go with the 60 deck. However, I only have 3 acres to mow, and don't know if I can justify the 60. Is the 52 Lazer a better mower than the HP?

- What are some comparisons between the two? Ride, cutting performance, scalping, manuverability, etc.?

- What is the difference between the UltraCut deck on the Z, and the TriVantage deck on the Z HP?

- Can the 23 Kohler adequately run the 60?

- Engine preferences?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

First let me say that both will cover you 3 acres in very little time.

You won't see any difference in ride or scalping. The full size may have better traction in damp conditions than the HP due to additional weight. The HP has a little bit lower center of gravity so some like the "feel" on hills a little better.

As far as cutting performance goes both will cut as good or better than anything on the market. You will however find that the new 52" UltraCut deck that is available on the full size will have some advantage. The UltraCut deck is a little deeper which gives it better airflow and in some conditions a cleaner cut. You'll probably see the most significant difference when mulching.

The 60" Lazer with a 25 hp Kohler is our most popular machine. The 23 hp however will do just about anything the 25 will. You’re not going to have a need for more power very often. If I were looking at a 60" deck I would seriously look at the 23 hp Kohler.

Any of the 3 machines you’re looking at will knock your 3 acres out in a hurry. I personally like the 52" hp with a 23 hp Kohler but that's just my opinion. Fred would probably lean toward the 52" Lazer or the 60" model.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I lean toward the 52" HP with 23. I have it and love it. Same speed as the full size also. The cut is just plain awesome.
  4. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

i am looking to buy that same machine and would like to know what you paid for it or what it lists for. I havent called my dealer yet but i would like to know a round figure before i talk to him. that way if its higher than i think it should be i wont make a silly face or anything that might come out of my dumb mouth
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I believe list price for the Lazer Z HP 52" with the 23hp KAW is $7,399.
  6. Propdoc

Propdoc LawnSite Member

I've recently bought the LazerHP 52" 23 Kohler and can't tell you how much I love it. Get it, you won't regret it. I also got the mulching kit for it and it is super easy to install.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i like the lazer. cant see how i would change it.