1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer or Lazer hp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little green guy, Sep 24, 2000.

1. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at new mowers yesturday. I was looking at the lazers and the lazer hp. I want a lazer but all you can get are kohlers on them and I want a kawi. I can get a 52" lazer z hp with a 23hp kawi but the dealer said theres something different about the hp deck but he couldn't figure out what. Does anyone know anything about this? Do you think the hp's are as good as the regular lazer's? thanks
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Your dealers' full time job is to know his equipment and "he can't figure out what."

Boy, isn't that the truth with most of them.

The big Lazers have a 1" deeper deck than the HP.

If you want the 60", why not get a 22hp Kaw LC? They're the same price as the air-cooled now.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Have you used the 60" 26 horse injected Exmark? What do you think about it? I am really considering one of these.
  4. Lazer

I've run them, but I don't own one.

The guys I know who have them are happy with those.

That's what I was going to buy for 2000, but Toro made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
  5. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Lazer do you think there is a cut quality between the 52" and the 60" full size lazers. I spoke to a guy who runs about ten to fifteen of them and he said he like the 60" the n72" then the 52" in that order for cut quality. I never thought that there was that much difference but i only had a turf tracer so i can not compare a 52" or anything else.

[Edited by bdemir on 09-24-2000 at 11:11 PM]
  6. Lazer

I agree with his assesment.

But I don't think there's much of a difference, we're starting to split hairs.

I mean, they ALL cut better than a Dixie. ;) jk.
  7. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Uhhh good point.
  8. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Here We go again!!!I do love my HP!
  9. If you do mostly residential you might be more productive with a 60" hydro walk behind with a stand on sulky.

And you will have less issues with riping up tender turf.

And know its not as much fun as riding but you need to take a look at your overall operation and what will be in your
    best interest in the quality not quanity of turf cut.

I would also keep a 61" Wright Stander open as an option.
  10. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

i have lazer hp 52 in, 23 kaw. I`ve had the mower since may and am not happy with cut. The blades turn quite a bit slower when going through thicker grass ( THIS IS SUMMER GROWTH WE ARE TALKING NOW!), it has been to dealer three times with the last time being "the straw that broke the camel`s back".
    I told them was still having to double cut grass and was cutting at 3.5 in, grass not growing as in spring, it was there for 2.5 days and picked it up and they cleaned grass off bottom deck & sharpened blades. I am still having same problems, & This is an insult to my intelligence and i am outraged. i am in process of contacting exmark, going to talk to owner of dealer and mabey i will get satisfaction, no i will get satisfaction!!