Lazer or Tiger?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rob1325, Dec 8, 2001.

1. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to finally purchase a ZTR 60" mower for spring of 2002. I considering in purchasing either a Lazer or Tiger. I would like to know if anyone owns both or has experience with both and which do they perfer? Also which motors (liquid or air) and options should I consider? I would appreciate the help, Thanks!
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

For me it's an easy question. I think you should buy the Lazer Z. Of course I work here and my opinion is based on many hours of time on a Lazer and very limited time on other brands. If you really want to get a more accurate opinion/answer to your question you might want to post in the "commercial forum" rather than in the Exmark forum.

In truth not matter what products you are looking at you should also base your decision on dealer support and demo, demo, demo.

I believe that once you spend a little time on each machine you'll find that the Lazer has an advantage in quality of cut, mulching ability, bagging ability, comfort, construction, reliability, simplicity of design and ease of operations.

Good luck

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree 100%. I did demo the Scag. Didn't do anything for me. The eXmarks did have the advantages above plus 1 big one. SUPPORT! Any of the eXmark guys will give you 100% attention. Doesn't matter who you email or call. I have direct phone #'s, 800 #, even a home phone#. Now that is customer service. Parts Plus program came in very handy for me once too.
  4. Im with 65 hoss
    I have a lazer 48 and it has had not one problem
    The turf tiger we got rid of had constant wheel motors and plumps
    But that said like terry said demo demo
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help. I will post on commercial forum. I want someone who owns both machines to give info. Thanks again
  6. Remo Sid

Remo Sid LawnSite Member
    from USA

I am the maintanance supervisor for the City I live in. My workers are prison inmates. Over the years I have had several different kinds of mowers. These workers I get are extremely rough on equiptment. Most know little or nothing about operating equiptment. Two years ago we bought two lazers. I am amazed at the durability of these mowers. If we can't tear it up it can't be torn up. We mow cemetarys, ball fields parks you name it, and some of it is pretty rough ground. There may be better equiptment out there but I will never know because I am satisfied with the Exmark Lazers, and no need to look elsewhere.

And no I am not affiliated with Exmark in any way, just extremely satisfied.

Also have a Kabota L 2050 that has proven itself also.

BGRANT LawnSite Member

Rob 1325,
    I have purchased Scags for years.I would never have a bad word for them.They are very durable and well put together machines.I went to my local dealer 2 years ago.He let me demo a LC 60 inch
    Exmark lazer Z.I could not believe it.I can say this with all honesty.Scag cannot compete with the cut that Exmark provides.Thet have set the standard.I also believe that Exmark gives a better
    ride.I just purchased my second Lazer last week.
    I'm not really faithful to any one company.I like to have the best.As of now I would have to say that is definitely Exmark.I would hope comments like yours would encourage Exmark to keep it up.
    As far as L.C or A.C thats easy.You will get alot more hrs. out of a Liquid cooled.And the power is
    very noticeable.
    Happy cutting
  8. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I use turf tigers and I have have been using scag mowers for over ten years. Last year I demo'd a lazer and it really suprised me, the exmark mower is the best cutting mower in the market and compared to the turf tiger it isn't even close. I will be selling all of my tigers in the near future and I will be replaceing them with hustler and exmark mowers.