Lazer price

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

is there much if any difference in price between a 27hp kohler and a 28hp kohler on a 60 inch lazer

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kelly's,

The MSRP on the 27 is $8899 and the 28 is $9999.

Thanks

Terry

3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

why such a big difference?

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

It sounds like I will recoup that cost in 2 years of cutting. I think I can get 4-5 good seasons out of the mower so thatÂ’s a savings of 1000-1500 in gas over its life after it breaks even on its extra cost. As for the cost the suggest price of 9,999 is just that I think my dealer will let me have if for around 9 k as the 27 hp last year cost me only 8,100. I plan I picking up 2 28s this spring probably about 4-6 weeks apart hehehe it takes a little while to make the money. Do you offer an efficiency motor on any hydro walk behinds I'm in the market for another wb as well?

5. eXmark

Cutter,

The 27 is carbureted and the 28 has electronic fuel injection. The EFI not only adds power but improves fuel economy while allowing the engine to react much faster to increases in load compared to a carbureted engine. If you look back at the old carbureted car engines vs. the EFI engines you can kind of get a comparison of how the EFI improvements can be a little understated. If you compare a 350 engine built in the 70's to a 350 built in the lat 80's or the 90's they probably had horsepower ratings that were different but still comparable. In terms of performance however performed much better than the ratings would have indicated.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Terry

6. eXmark

Kelley,

Sorry no EFI type engines for the walk behinds. The Kawis however do get pretty good economy for the power you get.

Thanks

Terry