Lazer questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JB1, Dec 10, 2003.

1. looking at a lazer with the 23 kohler 60" deck, The dealer I deal with took on exmark he's saying $8,000.00 for one is this about right 2. how do they do on the hills they seem to sit up higher than the scags and grasshopper's. and was concerned how they hugged the hills.lets hear some feedback.

2. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i 'd say thats a little high but not by alot
    you will love the lazer
    however i am recommending more
    than 23 hp if you pick the 60" deck
    especially if you plan to use the
    UltraVac bagger.

3. bucky12pt

bucky12pt LawnSite Member

:blob2: I HAVE A LAZER 26FI AND LOVE IT .IT'S NOT HARD ON FUEL AND HAS ALOT OF POWER.IT COST ALITTLE MORE BUT WELL WORTH IT.AS FOR THE HILL'S GOING UP OR ON THE SIDE IT IS GOOD ,BUT DOWN HOLD ON YOUR GOING FOR A RIDE. WELL THAT,S MY 2 CENT'S. WILSON'S LAWN CARE.

4. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 with the 60 in deck and the 23hp Kohler, no baggers, so I cant comment on that. No major problems. Good machines and the parts support is outstanding. All the new '04 machines are coming with a ROPS system from what I hear. 8G sounds a lil steep. A new one here in NC, with the 23 hp Kohler, new airfilter set up, 60 in deck, is going for 6995.

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I would say thats a little high also...I have the 25hp kohler with the 60" deck, an payed $7600.00

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Happy Holidays Bass Talker!
    John

7. MY PUPPY

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

I have 2 lazer HP 52 with 23hp Kaw.and ultra-vac they work great on hills plenty of power.

8. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

if you mow steep hills, the scag is your best bet. but be sure and get the tiger. the cub along with others have those over the wheel fuel tanks, and narrower stance which isn't much help on steep slopes. grasshopper's mid mounts are pretty good on slopes too, but be sure to get the 300 or 400 series with 61" or bigger decks. the 200 series in 61" is ok but the 11cc pumps with no cooling will overheat if you stay on steep hill too long. the 300 and 400 have 21cc pumps, and the tiger has 16cc with oil cooler. the fans don't do much good on grasshopper cause they are mounted too close to engine, and pull alot of temperature from the motor.

9. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

8k is a little high for my area. I have a 52" 27HP Lazer and it is great on hills.

10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

IMO- 23 Kohler and a 60" deck is not enough poneys.

maybe the Kaw would be OK. I have a 25 Kohler and a 60" Lazer and it is the min hp I would go with a 60" deck. If most of your accounts are weekly..... you'll be OK.

I'm like everyone else on price...a bit high.