Lazer quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaveinVa, Mar 29, 2001.

1. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

Fella's: I sure do appreciate the feedback you guys have given me on the Kohler vs Kawasaki among several of my other posts as well. I learned a long time ago to pay attention to those who are the "professionals" - I'm trying to learn and I think I've found a dandy place to do just that. Anywho - here's another question for your input - The best quote I've gotten so far is as follows:

23hp Kohler - $6999
    23hp Kawasaki - $7099
    25hp Kohler - $7499

All three are with a 60" deck.

Decent prices?

As always - thanks for your help,
    Dave

2. DaveinVa

DaveinVa LawnSite Member

Geesh guys - this is what I get for posting before the sun comes up - I screwed up: Actually the lowest price I have gotten is:

23hp Kohler - $6714
    23hp Kawasaki - $6799
    This dealer did not quote me on a 25hp kohler - because all I asked for was a quote on 23hp's - the previous dealer that I listed in my original post took it upon himself to quote for a 25hp Kohler. Also - this last dealer stated in his quote to us "We do not stock the 25hp Kohler as it has had many mechanical problems. We have found the 23hp engines to be very trouble free."

So - do these sound like good prices to you guys?
    Thanks again,
    Dave

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I speak out of turn but here goes!

My dealer told me that X-mark has not had the problems with the 25 Kohler because they were horizontal shaft engines. The only trouble has come on the vertical shaft. If that's the case then why would it matter if you bought a new x-mark with the 25 Kohler? I know I didn't answer your pricing question but thought I might clear things up a bit---------or stir things up!

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the 23 Kawi and forget about it.

5. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Dave,
    Here are some prices I got from my dealer:
    - 23hp Kawasaki Air cooled $7050
    - 23hp Kawasaki Liquid cooled $7400
    - 25hp Kohler $7400
    All these units have the 60" deck

Hope this helps, I'm leaning toward the 23hp Kawasaki liquid.

Bob

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

THATS GOOD INFO TO KNOW HOMER.bET THAT ENGINE HAS COST KOHLER PLENTY.couple of 25 kohlers on ebay now

7. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the kawi,I was told the jap motors have to advertise actual horsepower while the U.S made engines cos.can exagerate a bit.
    Just what my dealer told me.
    Don,t jump down my throat.

8. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

Wow, those sound like some decent prices. Were you able to find one with a 23 kawi liquid cooled? My dealer told me that the factory doesn't have any more and that you can only get the 27 if you want the kawi lc.
    Has anyone else run into this?
    How does the air cooled 23 compare to the liquid cooled?

9. Bob's Lawn Care

Bob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Yard,
    I got lucky!! Three weeks ago my dealer told me the same thing, the factory stopped production and they wont get any. Last week they called and said they were able to get one. I like the liqiud because it runs smoother, quieter and just seems like it will never lose power.

10. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

dont even consider the 25 Kholer-the kawi 23 will out perform it at less cost.Juts get the Kawi.