Lazer Seat Life

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DieselDeere, Nov 21, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

How long should the Lazer seats last? My ends of the arm rests have no padding left, is this normal?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Normal? Yes, and no. It really depends up on the operator. I've seen units with 3500 hours on them and the arm rests are in better shape than the rest of the seat. I've also seen units where the arm rests are shot in very low hours.

It really comes down to how much abrasion, how many impacts etc. and how much use the arm rests recieve. I've not seen any defective upholstery yet anyway.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I think a lot of it has to do with moisture and exposure to the sun. One that is stored in and enclosed trailer and kept high and dry will probably have a better looking seat and components than one that is used in the rain and stored outside. Sweat also tends to do a number on these things.
  4. rambo13

rambo13 LawnSite Member

Hi dieseldeer,
    I actualy took them off,(the arm rests) and rebuilt them, I took the vinyl wraping off by undoing the staple and removing and drying the sponge inserts, and cutting new wood and just reinstalling it all back together by stapling etc etc...
    And now it feels better than new..
    I should have taken pictures so I could have shown step by step. But it really easy.. Rambo
  5. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

like everyone else said depend 's where it is store.. i got one more its got 300 hours and the bolts are breaking and the flap is comin off... got another ztr exmark its not 1800 hours on it and its perfect.... all depends if u hit treesm with it also .. goood luck