1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer w/Kohler

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by KTNC, Apr 22, 2002.

1. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

I demo'd a new 2001 Lazer 60 with the 25 Kohler today, which the dealer had left in his inventory from last year. I was pleased with the machine but concerned about the lack of the new air filter on this unit. Is this something that I will really miss? If so can this be added to the 01 model? Also while engaging the PTO at about half throttle, the machine almost stalled, and the dealer said the PTO should be engaged at full throttle. Isn't this hard on the clutch? What does Exmark recommend?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kohler does make a canister air filter kit and it is a good investment. In fact it was such a popular "add on" in 2001 that is why it became standard in 2002. I'm not sure what the cost is but your dealer should be able to get that information for you.

When engaging the blades you should engage them at 1/2 throttle. If you do so before the engine is warmed up it will usually stall completely. When engaging the blades if the engine is cold you can still engage at 1/2 throttle but you'll need to give it a little choke when doing so. This will help prevent the engine from stalling and also allow you to maximize the life of your electric clutch.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.