lazer xs problems

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ffemt1271, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

hi i have a 2005 lazer xs 31hp briggs 72" deck purchased in october 05. back in 5/2/07 i had to replace the center spindle due to the last 1/2" if the blade bolt threads stripping off. i contributed that to impact use even though i hand snug them. on 8/19/07 i had to replace it due to the same problem, except since last replacement i have only used hand tools to install and remove them. it seems to be stripping on the way out, as i hand tighten them and snug them with a hand wrench. this unit only has 340 hours on it. do you have any ideas as to what may be causing this? i have replaced them out of pocket even though it is under warranty because i cannot afford the down time to have the dealer fix it. i did show them the parts and they said they had never seen anything like it.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ffemt1271,

I think our Customer Service Reps can help you out. Their number is 1-800-667-5296. Let us know what you find out.

Casey

3. ffemt1271

i called customer service today, the guy looked thru the tech service manuals and only came up with 2 but they were from before my unit was built. the only explanation he could give was due to over torquing, even though i have been using a torque wrench at the required 55/60 ft/lb.
    and no explanation of why only the center spindle is doing it. or why it is not happening on any of my other 3 exmarks. so we basically got nowhere.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

On the earliest versions with the blade drivers we did see some threads that weren't cut quite right. All the ones that I seen would fail within the first two times that the blade bolts were run on and off. We pulled all of our service stock when we seen this, but it's possible that some slipped through and could be what you ended up purchasing.

What I'd recommend that you do is get that old shaft (both if you still have them) into your dealer and have them submit a warranty claim for them. We'll bring the spindle shaft back take a look at it, and then we can determine if indeed the threads were cut incorrectly and make a warranty determination.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Lenny

5. ffemt1271

i will do that. thanks for the help