Lazer XS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by EJK2352, Jun 4, 2004.

1. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Terry,
    Have you shipped out any Lazer XS models yet??? I talked to my dealer and he said you are having some issues w/ the Briggs and haven't released the mower yet. Any truth here?? Any pics of the XS??? Dealer said it's just an XP frame mower w/ the 31 HP air cooled Briggs.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Pinch me....Am I dreaming.????

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Okay guys,

Thanks for being patient guys.

Your dealer is partially correct. Yes we are building them and no we are not shipping any at the moment but not because of the Briggs engine. The engine is in pretty good shape right now. I talked to the guys in our lab about this engine and they are extremely happy with the way Briggs has addressed some issues that not only we found but other issues that Briggs found as well.

Right now, because this is a new model we are inspecting each unit to ensure that everything is as it should be. This helps ensure that when we put all 2000 plus nuts, bolts, weldments etc. together everything is as it was designed to be.

Hopefully this attachment will answer a few of your questions.

I had hoped to post some photos but they are tooooooooo large. Send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com I can e-mail you a pdf with the latest information and you can pass it around.

Thanks

Terry

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Looks like a very nice package terry,I no longer have any concerns over a 72" deck hanging from the new frame and the horsepower is cetainly welcome.
    Thanks for the info.

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,
    Thanks for the email on the XS! What are the availability dates, and MSRP??

6. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Terry,
    I sent you an e-mail w/ my e-mail address, and have had no reply.
    I would really like to see some pics. Do you think you could find some time to send them to me????????

7. eXmark

EJK,

Sent'm yesterday a.m.................sent'm again this a.m. after reading your post....................didn't this happen the last time I replied to your one of your e-mails. It's probably the spam filter on you e-mail account...............then again I can't ever get anything from my account with the same provider you using.

Thanks

Terry

8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

EJK, what is your email address? if terry can't get it to you, maybe i can.

9. eXmark

Accurate,

The MSRP for the 60" is 10,099 and $10,399 or roughly same as the EFI or liquid cooled 27 Kawi.

Thanks

Terry

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Terry,

Thanks. Looks like a good mower.

I'm a little disappointed with the weight however. 1450lbs for an air cooled 60" ZTR??? Are these typo's? With that weight, I may as well go with the Diesel (high weight is whats keeping me from a diesel).

The engine cant weigh that much more than a Kohler A/C, so I guess its the XP frame being heavier. Just doing some math between pre and post ROPS weights, there is somewhere between 75 and 120lbs difference. And since I will never own a ZTR with a ROPS, I can safely assume I can remove 100lbs from that 1450lb figure. That brings it down to within 100lbs of my LC Lazer.

But still 312lbs heavier than a regular Lazer?

Another thing I noticed is the large space between the rear of the deck and the front of the drive tires. LOTS of space there that I'd like to see LESS of. That is scalp waiting to happen IMO. It's almost as if there is only ONE XP frame for 60" and 72" decks?

Love the speed, rear tire size, and fuel capacity!

Now I KNOW that eXmark LISTENS to what WE want!