1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer z advantage series pricing

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mag360, Aug 18, 2006.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone have a realistic quote on the 23/52 or 25/60 ultracut models?

Also is there a huge difference, other than tires and top speed, between these and the standard lazer z?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The Lazer Z AS 23 hp Kohler Command with the 52" deck lists for $7899 and 25 hp Kohler Command with the 60" deck is $8299.
    I'll let the forum respond to the second part of your post.
  3. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

I just purchased an Exmark Lazer Z AS 25/60 and love it. Some of the differences between the 2 models are:
    1- No gas Gauges on the AS
    2- No gas tank Exmark decals on AS
    3- No foot lift assist on AS (can be purchased seperately and I did buy it)
    4- Tires are Superior on Lazer Z
    5- Regular Air Filter on AS (Cannister on Lazer Z)

There are a few other minor differences. I think the top speed is the same on both(same pumps and wheel motors I believe). I am very happy with the mower and love the cut quality. I could not recommend this machine enough. I also purchased the suspension seat upgrade and think it's worth every penny. Good luck with your decision.

4. mag360

5. k12lts

k12lts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Dupontcar has the differences right, I think the wheel motors might be different. My dealer prices the AS 25/60 at $7495 and the AS 23/52 at $6995.
  6. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

k12lts is correct about the wheel motors. The AS usesHydro-gear (Danfoss) wheel motors with 1.25" diameter tapered shafts while the regular Lazer Z uses Parker/Ross TL0240 with the same size shafts. Not sure if this will effect top speed, perhaps Exmark could answer that one for you.

Good luck.
  7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Exmark specs the top speed for the Lazer Z AS at 9 mph and 10mph for the Lazer Z.
  8. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

My dealer has a couple of 23/52 AS for $6495 ea. He is in up state NY, not sure how far away that is from you.
  9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The AS is a great unit. Get the foot assist and suspension seat (or adaptor). Just not as many bells and whistles and a better deck than the regular Lazer. I paid $6900 back in 03 for the 23hp/60". Now they have 25 hp with the 60" deck. I would recomend buying some slime for any air filled tire so get enough of that for all four tires and your set.
  10. mag360

Thanks guys. My dealer is a little high at 7000 for the little one. He is also my scag dealer so I would probably stick with him (he's a little igh for new scags too)