Lazer Z anti-scalp rollers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clc2003, Sep 10, 2004.

1. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I keep breaking my rollers on my 60" Lazer Z. I think that I have broke four bolts this year. Can anybody tell me where to by new bolts, hardware, etc.. My dealer makes his own kit and wants to sell me everything including the wheels when all I need is the bolt, or maybe the nut. He charged me something like 21 bucks for his kit. Any ideas? Also, the wheels are in the second to bottom hole in the deck. Where do you guys have yours at?

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Go to your hardware store and buy the correct size bolt. It will cost you a dollar max.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Maybe you should read your book on where to mount the rollers for each height setting?????

Go buy some bolts..................

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Iv broken a few off as well in the past year I had 2 in one day once wheels were not found that got costly. You might have your wheels set one setting to low or your deck could be out and one side its just lower then it should be. Is it all the wheels or the same one or 2 over and over.

5. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Bolts are fairly cheap.....But I wonder wht they keep on breaking?....MAybe you could buy a high strength bolt like a grade 8?

6. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

Can't read book, don't have one. Thought about a hardware store, but didn't know if that would work. I think every roller on the front has broke so it doesn't seem to be one in particular.

7. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

The bolts are just 3/8" x 4" long(and they are supposed to be grade 8's).With nylock nuts and washers it's less than a buck to fix.
    Doing mowing in the cemetery i tend to snap of the rear ones on the deck. It happens when you cut the corners too sharp around stones most of the time.
    But i use grade 3's or 5's because i'd rather have to replace a bolt instead of fixing the deck bracket where they mount on.

Dan

8. son-1

son-1 LawnSite Member

GO TO WWW.LAWNWHEELS.COM, THESE WHEELS CHANGE EVERTHING!!!!! I HAVE THEM ON ALL OF MY MOWERS AND THEY'VE BEEN THERE FOR ALMOST 2 FULL SEASONS :blob3:

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, I've ran my Lazer for 4 seasons now, and I'm still on MY original set. I do know that J.Thomas has these for a good price, also.