1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clc2003, Aug 30, 2004.

1. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

Does anybody know what part # their factory blades are? Just bought a new set from my dealer and I think I ruined one already. I don't know what size hole the blades have in them. My air comp. went to hell on me so I havn't been able to take one off. I am definately considering buying aftermarket online. Does anybody use aftermarket Hi lift blades. Don't think I am interested in Gators. All help will be apprieciated.

2. the hole is 5/8 inch ..sure you can use aftermarket blades

J-THOMAS has very good after market's at good prices....try www.j-thomas.com or www.mowmore.com.
    Or you can send the biz your dealers way and buy stock blades from him

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I get my blades through just about anyone but my Exmark dealer. I can get the Dixie Chopper style that have the long beveled edges in a solid foil highlift (60" cut) for around 8 bucks apiece through my Lesco. J.Thomas has them for around the same price. The notched foil blades tend to leave streaks on my Lazer.

4. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Excalibur Extreme Blades from exmark, trust me they ROCK!

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I use J-Thomas aftermarket high lift blade with no problems. I cant tell which set is on the mower unless I look. They mow about the same. Seem like they are priced at only 7 or 8 dollars apiece or about half the price of Exmarks.

6. clc2003

from Ia

Thanks guys. glad to see others agree with me. I probably wouldn't have a problem buying direct from my dealer, but they cost so much more. Like I said I put on 3 new blades and one of them is probably ruined already. I want to buy a new blade for that set and then buy another set of aftermarket and rotate them. I can't believe how hard I have been on blades this year.

7. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I always get my blades from my Exmark dealer. Some are Exmark ($10 for Excalibur) and some are after market ($8 for gator or hi-lift). I've never looked to see what the shipping would be on blades. I just assume it's a lot because of the heavy steel.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Where is your dealer that you can get Excaliburs for $10.? I would love to contact them and have them ship me some (maybe about a dozen sets). I DO like the Excaliburs, because they are so much thinner and lighter than the aftermarkets, but my dealer is a bit ridiculous on all their over the counter prices...esPECially anything that has Exmark on it.

9. excalibers are about 20 bucks a blade here .for 20 and half inch blades for a 60 inch deck

10. clc2003

from Ia

Just picked up a replacement blade for my new set. I went to another dealer today just because I was in a different town, (Both dealers are out of town). They sold me a Excalibur for less than 12 bucks w/tax. That is about 4 bucks less than my regular dealer. Nice to know if I decide to stick with Exmark blades.