Lazer Z Demo Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GravelyGuy, Apr 22, 2009.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I'm picking up an 09 "next" Lazer Z in the morning for demo. I'm pretty excited. I know all the usual things to look out for like cut quality (clipping spread), handling hills, comfort, etc. Anything I should look out for specifically with this new machine? I've yet to see anyone running one around town yet. It's all JD and Scag around here.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Run it in some saturated overgrown Spring growth and give us a report on cut, clumping, build up, etc. How do the integrated hydraulics feel?

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Demo a Scag too and you'll probably change your mind. :)

4. Linder'sLawnCare

Linder'sLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Save your back and go with FERRIS:clapping::clapping::clapping: Exmark is good, but look at preventable mainence, such as greasable spindle. Ferris and Exmark use Kaw and hydrogear products. I am in awe of my Ferris. Scag is good too. Read my review of scag vs ferris http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=269114&page=6

5. SMALLTIME22

SMALLTIME22 LawnSite Member

Run ferris in the spring north of TN/KY. Just too much for that deck. But at least the ride would be smooth while laying clumps!!!!

6. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the new Series 6 Ultracut has greasable spindles. However, I just looked at the website and found this isn't true. Hmm, could have swore I read somewhere that the spindles were greaseable.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

It's been a long time since Exmark had grease-able spindles. Anyway the new video shows non grease-able. Even my 05 had non grease-able

8. bryansong

bryansong LawnSite Member

Is that a bad thing? I think I woud rather be able to greese spindle since there is so much energy in there. I think the eXmark guy says that kind of the way the industry is going. Looking at the Tiger's greeseable spindles yesterday, I think their way is better on that one.
    I am probably saying that because I just bought a new greese gun from Sears. Maybe my inner-self longs to use it.

Bryan

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I think you will like everything about the mower, the new "isolation" seat is suppose to give an extremely good ride. This is an 11.5 mph mower which would put you into a high productivity range. This is a totally new designed mower except for the UltraCut deck, the only change made to the deck was the spindle assembly on the Triton deck was installed. This means the cutting housing on the series 6 has a 7.75"-diameter, whereas the series 4 housing was 5.40" in diameter.

There could possibly be a few bugs to work out on a totally new designed mower, but you would never know this until they are run in the field for a period of time.

I don't know which one they will bring you to demo but if I were buying one, it would be with the 34 hp Kawasaki, that would be a cutting machine.

10. blake2727

blake2727 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I looked at the ferris before I bought my grasshopper and didn't care for them very much. There were probably three or four other mowers besides my grasshopper that I would have bought before the ferris. They just look kind of cheap made and look to have to many unnecessary parts that could tear up. Let me know when that ferris goes down cause I want to see if the scags, exmarks, and grasshoppers are still running strong (I bet they are).