1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z (hard to find problem) engine stalls after bumps

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tacoma200, Sep 11, 2005.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for all the advice. I will print out the answers and use them to help solve the problem.

2. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Check the plug on the back of the ignition key. It controls an electronic selenoid on the carb that maybe is not letting fuel in.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Well....did you get it fixed yet?
    Keep us posted!!!

4. Ralphhunting@yahoo.com

Ralphhunting@yahoo.com LawnSite Member

My grate Dane had same problem did all above rebuilt carb change fuel filter new fuel pump still would stumble when you hit a bump 25 hp Koehler I let the mower run and then jumped on the back of the mower same problem so I noticed a small leak at the carb bowel I took it apart again and the small gasket was not in all the way so I put it in correctly I made sure the gasket was seated correctly and the mower runs like a charm so that's my fix hope this helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mtstclair

mtstclair LawnSite Member

Check for a mercury switch the earlier exmarks had them under the seat on the frame. Iv had them cause all kinds of problems like being described you can just take them out and the wiring harness should just snap back together with them out of the loop.

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

This thread was posted 10 years ago... I would think he already figured it out.. LOL