Lazer Z HP 27HP 56in Triton Deck Question/Opinion?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by kearneywalnut, Nov 29, 2006.

1. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying one of these this week, I was wondering what the suggested retail is on this mower. What is the top speed of this mower? I have seen it listed differently in different exmark literature.

Also how is the Triton deck, I have an older 52" with the trivantage deck that I have been very happy with, is there any reason that I should get the triton instead of a Lazer Z AS with the older style deck?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Kevin,
    Thanks for writing in. The Lazer Z HP lists for $8599 and has a top ground speed of 9.5 mph.
    You don't want to hear a sales speech form me, but I really do feel the updated Triton deck is tough to beat.
    Thanks,
    Brian

3. kearneywalnut

My dealer hasn't mentioned anything about the blade tip speed on the 56" LHP. I noticed that the exmark website was just updated, and now lists blade speed at 18500FPM, and I read that the old Triton speed was around 16500. Another dealer mentioned that some guys didnt' need the speed, if they weren't mowing that fast, which I thought was somewhat useless as I want to be able to mow as fast as possible, whatever that speed might be. So I guess what I am asking is there still a factory recall/retrofit on that deck that gives me free upgrades to improve the flow and the speed of the deck?

Thanks,

Kevin

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

So I guess what I am asking is there still a factory recall/retrofit on that deck that gives me free upgrades to improve the flow and the speed of the deck?

Thanks,

Kevin[/QUOTE]
    Yes, the 2006 models are available for a free upgrade kit on the Triton deck and all of the 2007 models are manufactured with the upgraded deck.
    Thanks,
    Brian

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yes, the 2006 models are available for a free upgrade kit on the Triton deck and all of the 2007 models are manufactured with the upgraded deck.
    Thanks,
    Brian[/QUOTE]

Thank Christ

6. kearneywalnut

What is the ground speed on the Lazer Z HP, it is different on different pages of the catalog, and on the internet????

7. John Gamba

from ct

9.5-------------------

8. kearneywalnut

Thanks, I hope you are right, it says 8.1 in half of the 2006 brochures.

9. John Gamba

from ct

The 06 i had did 9.5