1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z HP accessories...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dklawncare, Jan 20, 2003.

1. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Exmark Lazer Z HP. I love it and was wondering about the pros and cons of adding a striping kit and if/what kind of warranty there is. Also, I was wondering if I could put the air canister on my mower. It is a Kawasaki engine, is it still possible to put it on their...also, what is the price range of the air canister. Thanks for your time.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey dklawncare,

Thanks for the post. There are really no cons to adding the EZ striper. The only thing you have to remember is that it is easier to put a stripe in Northern grasses, like Bluegrass and Fescue, than it is the Southern grasses, like St. Augustine or Bahia.

There are all sorts of pros to adding the striper.

--It gives you a beautiful stripe in the lawn, which helps you separate your business from the other cutters in town.
    --It helps to hide any imperfections in the lawn by combing the grass over.
    --Some people have commented that it acts as a full length, rear, anti scalping roller.
    --Some cutters use it when mulching leaves. They blow all the leaves to the center of the lawn, and then back over the pile. The roller helps to feed the leaves under the deck.

If you have the dealer install it, it carries a one year warranty. I would recommend having the dealer put it on. The reason we recommend having the dealer install this is because people in the past have failed to correctly set these collar bearings. This causes premature failure and unhappy customers.

I know Kawasaki offers a kit for the FH680V (23-hp) and the FH721V (25-hp). I don't know how much this kit costs. There are actually two kits - one with different main jets for the existing carb and one with a new carb. If you have a 23-hp Kaw on your Lazer Z HP, I can give you the kit number. Then all you have to do is go to Kawasaki's dealer locator, look up your closest Kaw. dealer, and give them a call. They can tell you how much it costs. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Here to help,

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What does this kit do?
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sorry bob. . .

The kit was referring to the second part of dklawncare's question. It allows you to convert from the standard air cleaner to the canister air cleaner on your 23-hp or 25-hp Kaw.