Lazer Z HP and its frame

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jasonhoustontx, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Jasonhoustontx

Jasonhoustontx LawnSite Member

I just bought myself a 23horse Kawisaki 52" cut Lazer Z HP. I must say, that i love it. It's like a go cart with blades, so now its fun to mow my 2 acers.

My question is. Why does the HP have the front of the frame were one wheel is offset and the other one is strait out. It just looks strange to me and out of center.

Hope someone can ease my mind.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Good question. I bounced it around engineering a little bit and came up with two answers. The first is because the deck is offset a little bit on some models. The second reason is that it also allows us to eliminate one anti-scalp roller on some models. In some instances they also believe these factors can improve the quality of cut as well.

3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the answer to your question lies in the fact that the larger canister wheels in front tend to press the grass blades down during travel. In order to optimize the quality of cut, one would want the larger front wheels located in an area in front of deck that has the highest lift. This area of highest lift lays inline with the center of the spindles. The least area of lift lies where two blades over lap. If you check on your machine you will notice that the positioning is "close" to this area of highest lift. I say close, because Exmark doesn't make an entirely different frame for each of the various deck sizes offered. So they probably just position them in an "averaged" spot that will be best suited for each the different deck sizes. Now, the Exmark guys can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is part of the answer to your question, in addition to what Terry posted. -Esby-
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

heck ,i just thot it was to allow for easier trimming.