Lazer Z HP Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DC9669, Mar 24, 2008.

1. DC9669

DC9669 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have a 2005 Lazer Z HP with a 48" deck. I bought it used and it has a mulch kit installed. My question is that there is a baffle of some sort installed under the deck on the cutting area near the blade that would be the discharge side of the deck. Should this be under there? If it is supposed to be there should it be parallel with the edge of the deck or at a 45 degree angle with the deck. There is only one bolt holding it.

Thanks In Advance

DC

2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Could you take a picture of it? Im having trouble understanding what your talking about

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm guessing you're referring to the discharge baffle near the discharge. That piece is taken off when the mulch kit goes on. It should be attached with two bolts when discharging/bagging and the holes should line up just one way. It goes from the edge of the deck and points back toward the right spindle. I believe its purpose is to accelerate clippings out the side discharge and perhaps direct them to keep them from dropping inside the deck and leaving a windrow.

Exmark probably has a directions/manual for the mulch kit on your mower available online. Or their rep here could help you get one. The diagrams are helpful when adding/removing the mulch kit infrequently. I still forget what goes where since I only change it out 1-2 times a year.

4. DC9669

DC9669 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks a bunch that is exactly what I was talking about. I have looked though the mulch kit installation manual is no where to be found.

DC