Lazer Z HP does not cut well

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ACut AboveLandscapin, May 28, 2003.

1. ACut AboveLandscapin

ACut AboveLandscapin LawnSite Member

I have a problem with my lazer Z HP 52 inch cut with the Kaw 23 HP. The problem is that it does not cut clean. It leaves two stripes when I cut with it. I have tried every type of bladechanged the belt(3 times), had the engagement (blade)clutch replaced, exmark has even sent me a whole new deck. I thought the problem went away but it is now back again. It has probaly been in for service for this problem about 8 times for about 3 weeks. It has started to cost me customers. What can I do and has anyone had this problem.

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

My HP was leaving uncut strips in line with the 2 center deck anti-scalp wheels. I moved them up 1 setting higher than the rest of the anti-scalp wheels and the uncut strips went away. It seems that those center wheels were pushing the grass down and the blades were not picking the grass up and cutting it.

3. ACut AboveLandscapin

How come the exmark guy has nothing to say about this?????

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Time of the year,

I hear this at this time of the year. The best that I have been able to identify is that the grass changes. I know this sound crazy.

Guys have no problems until the spring growth is done. The best advice I have is cut 1/2" lower seem to help and slow down.

EJK2352 that has also worked it really depends on where the grass is.

I just dealt with a guy in KY. He had the same issue, after some research found out that he had removed his much kit last fall. In this case he left the middle blocker plate in. The one that bolts in front of the Flow-control baffle. Took this out and it made a big difference. The problem did completely go away. He said he still had some issues with his " not so good properties". Areas where had more weeds in with the grass. He was satisfied with it.

The only other suggestion I have is trying an anti blowout baffle #1-611277. I have been play with this and seen some improvements. I've been using solid airfoil. Sometimes they work better, sometimes not??? This is also a yard with a lot more weeds than grass and yes it is my own yard. My old lady is yelling at me to work on this!!

Thanks, Fred.

5. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I use your mulch kit on my Lazer Z 52" 27 HP and when the grass is thicker grass will come out the center of the deck at a 45 degree angle, will the anti-blow out baffle stop this?

6. ACut AboveLandscapin

I have a Exmark Metro 48 W/B with a 14 HP that will cut the same grass better than the Lazer Z does. And for over $7000 I really don't want to hear that it is the time of the season. I am at the point where the lemon law should be in effect. I am gonna make an appointment with a rep to meet me at the lawn and if they can't find the problem I want a replacement mower. This is absurd that as a professional that I should have to go through this. I am loyal to exmark and my dealer and both are just stringing me along. Every time I bring it to the dealer theycall the Exmark Teck and they give suggestion on how to fix it. All the time I have to double and triple cut lawns to keep my business going. Who wants their lawn to look like this???????

bad cut.jpg

7. ACut AboveLandscapin

how come you guys sensor what people post. If I go through writing something, taking the picture and submiting it should be posted............

8. MowingGuru

MowingGuru LawnSite Member

Same problem. What configuration should the blades be put on? REad a few posts about having hte middle blade 90 degrees off the other 2. Will this make a difference?

Thanks

9. eXmark

A cut above,

E-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com with your serial number as well as the name of your dealer. That way I can get with them and find out what they have and have not tried.

Thanks

Terry

10. eXmark

Diesel Deere,

The anti-blow out baffle should help with any blow out you have from the front of the deck. You may find that if it's only happening in thicker grasses changing you ground speed may help as well.

Thanks

Terry