1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z HP handle help

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Our Lazer Z HP now has 1,650 hours on it and has been great. Something has work out, got loose or changed in some way becuase over the last year the handles now overlap each other if you hold them together. So I have to hold them outward slightly so I can make turns. Is there an adjustment for this?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

At around 1300+hours we've seen similar instances. the wear is in the bolts that act as "stops" for the drive levers inboard movement and the mounting block that the handle mounts to. There are a few fixes such as replacing the blocks or replacing the bolts but often we find that there is also some "bending" of the handles inboard. Simply tweeking them back to their original position usually solves the problem entirely.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the quick reply Terry. I will go out and try to bend them back some.
  4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I took the thick washers under the bolts attaching the handles and moved them to the inside of the handle and replaced them with thin washers under the bolts and have the clearance that I need. (By the way mines only has 400 hrs)