Lazer z hp, or Lazer z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by myers508, Apr 19, 2002.

1. myers508

myers508 LawnSite Member

I can buy new lazer hp for $6550 with 23hp kaw and 52in this is last years model ( no cup holder) what else am I missing that was up graded in the next years model? Or I can buy this years lazer z ( got a cup holder and larger gas filler) with a 25 koh and 60in for $1000.00 more. The 60in will be too big for my Current trailer so the total to get the bigger mower and a new trailer is $2000. Do you think I should spend the $2000? Will the lazer z cut that much faster than the lazer hp?

Thanks

Myers508

2. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I have the 60 in with 23 hp. A new model is costing you more for a cup holder and a 2 hp upgrade it not worth it. and if you trailers not going to work the more money spent for a new trailer you could use to buy a new ? when it brakes.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't let trailer size limit your potiential mower efficiency. That must be one narrow trailer to not fit a 60" mower? If your lawns can use a 60" mower, go with the 60". I feel that 60" is the ideal size. The 52" Lazer HP is no slouch either, but its already one year old!

Follow your instinct.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on your lawns. I feel the HP 52" is a great all around mower. I have residentials and comm'l that it works great in. 1 mower for all properties. It has the same speed as the 60", just 8" shorter deck. Lower center of gravity so it holds hills well. Small footprint, so anywhere I can put a w/b I can put the HP. Its just about the same length as a w/b.

Try to decide what you need based on the majority of your properties.

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Hoss. I own the Hp 52" with 23 Kohler (2001 model) and feel it is a good all around size. Also, like he said, look at your current and possible future properties and decide what machine is best for your overall needs. The new model Hp (2002) (please correct me if I am wrong) includes a cup holder, foot assist deck lift, wider gas tank openings and a heavier duty clutch. Also, the Koher model (20hp) includes a better air filter system. Good luck.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

demo those babies and let us know what u think. a mechanic up at pinkstons said he thought the hp was the fastest thing on the lot. id be interested in hearing your take on it.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

AWM, my HP does have some speed. It isn't eXmarks fastest, but it could be on the mechanics lot if he doesn't have the XP there. The HP is very similar to the full size lazer but it is lighter. Lighter does mean faster.

8. GREENMANAGEMENT

GREENMANAGEMENT LawnSite Member

Go with the 60". You won't regret it. I just jumped from a 48" to a 60" and lovin' it. Just demo and see for yourself. The 60" may seem a little awkward at first but after a few days you'll be running like a pro. :D

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed a demo 72 diesel and I am hooked. Unbelievable. cut wet high grass at 10mph and it looked great. I don't have a use for a 72 but I am really leaning towards the 60 with the 26efi.

Exmark has some great stuff.