lazer z hp Question.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rambo13, Sep 18, 2004.

1. rambo13

rambo13 LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,
    I just bought a 2002 Lazer Z hp 52cut kawasaki 23hp
    Question, the wire that plugs into the clutch (PTO). I would like to replace it with a new one. The old harness was corroded where it connects to the wire harness.
    Do you have to take the clutch out to replace wire plug or just unplug and plug new one.
    Don't have manual, and I don't want to damage the clutch. So does anyone know on how to replace wire connector to the clutch. I know that the connector has a plastic locking mechanism on it.
    Thank you very much for any information. Rambo13

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Rambo,

You'll need to examine the wires where they enter the clutch to be certain but it is possible. The current design has a small connector at the clutch and a larger connector at the wiring harness. This "pigtail" can be replaced. On older models the "pigtail" was not replaceable and your only recourse is to clean the connector. The "pigtail change occured a couple of years ago so you'll need to inspect your unit to be certain which style you have.

Thanks

Terry

3. rambo13

rambo13 LawnSite Member

Hi Terry,
    Thank you for the quick response.
    Here is a picture that I took, of the wires coming out of the clutch. I used a mirror to take the picture, cant see it with out a mirror. (the only way to see it unless taking the clutch completely off). I dont think it unplugs. Hard wired in. Have a great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Rambo13

plug 2.JPG

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Rambo,

After all that work I've been enlightened..........the LHP does NOT have a replaceable pigtail. Sorry

Terry

5. rambo13

rambo13 LawnSite Member

Hi Terry,
    Thank God that I didn't pull the harness out of the clutch, or I would be buying a new clutch.$$$$
    So I just put some stake on's for now. I will be rewiring the Lazer Z hp in the winter time. So I know the connection will always be there.
    Thanks Rambo13