lazer z HP running wierd

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DylanK, Sep 2, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

brand new engine in it... changed the oil.. the other day it ran out of gas so we switched it to the other side.. every since it ran out of gas it has been running like ****... it sound like it isnt getting gas and when you hit the PTO its almost like it is going to stall out, but then the blades turn on... any help?

2. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

hmm, have you filled the other side back up w/gas and tried switching back to that side to see if it runs any better? If it does, you may have some crap in the tank that's causing fuel starvation.

3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

What year is the lazer.:confused:

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

try replacing your fuel filter. Running a tank dry may have pulled in some grass and other junk that seems to always get in the tanks. If the fuel lines are narrowed the mower would tend to lose power when it needs it most, hills, heavy grass, since it can't suck in fuel fast enough to feed the engine.

5. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

the lazer is a 2002 i think.... and yes we have filled up the other side and it still does the same thing... any more help???

6. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

i would guess that you pulled some water up from your switched tank. now switching back may get clean fuel but you may still have water in the carb bowl. you need to drain the bowl to run out the water if any anf try it.

7. mini14

mini14 LawnSite Member

be sure the gas caps are not on too tight they doo need to breath. while its running open the cap on the side your using, if it smooths out u might be puttting cap on too tight or may need a newone. fuel pump sucks fuel from tank and needs venting from the cap to allow for air.

8. Jim@MilkyWay

Jim@MilkyWay LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure this is good info?
    I have never heard of a gas cap that had to be loose when running. I have never heard of a cap that wasn't vented.