Lazer Z HP VS Bobcat ZT200 Zeries

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bfstrider, Apr 13, 2007.

1. bfstrider

bfstrider LawnSite Member

Is the Exmark any better of a machine than the Bobcat. If it is what makes it so? Would like to know the difference in how the 2 are made. Opinions on how they cut, durability, etc.

2. bfstrider

bfstrider LawnSite Member

Hard to believe no one has any views on this subject. Oh, well lets try this.
    If you had a choice between an Exmark Lazer HP 52" Trivantage Deck/20 HP Kohler and a Bobcat ZT219 52" Deck/19 HP Kawasaki which would you choose? Thanks

3. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I own an Exmark Lazer Z HP 52" and I would not trade it for a Bobcat. I looked at a Bobcat before I bought it and I would say that the Bobcat is not built as well in my opinion. I think they are built kind of cheap in my opinion compared to an Exmark, Toro, or Hustler.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would go with the Bobcat. The ZT200 series is very well made.

If dealer service factors are the same for either that is...

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have not used a bobcat, but I woulded trade my hp. 18 kohler with 48" deck. It cuts great and is verrrry reliable. 1100 hours with normal wear items needing replacement.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely the bobcat. I find Kawasaki's better then Kohlers and the Zt-200 series are great. Built like tanks, great stripers and lots of great features. IMO they are awesome.

Cheers
    Jeff