Lazer Z hydro pump failed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve225, Jul 10, 2003.

1. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I pressure washed my mower started it up sprayed one last spot
    blew mower off ,than jumped on and the pumps worked a little than they totaly stopped working. I looked down and fluid was
    running out of the overflow at the filter and hydro reservoir.
    Did this have anything to do with pressure washing or does anyone know what sounds like could have happened??

Please help ,Steve

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

don't know about the pressure washing but i had to get a new cap for my HP about a week after i bought it because it was leaking all over my hoses and frame.it is a two piece cap and the pressure washing may have had something to do with it but as well it may just be a faulty cap as mine was.my HP was a 2002 model don't know what year yours is.you may have lost too much fluid along the way and the level just won't run the pumps and motors any more without refilling.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

im afraid thetruth ,i suspectis ,yes thepressure washer did it. but if thats the case the hydro itself is prbably still good. u just found a weak spot in the hydro system ,would be my guess.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Steve,

Got your email.

Let me get this straight....

You pressure washed the Lazer. ... Were you concentrating on the hydro res. area or did you just skim over that area. You see, the hydro res. has a vented cap with a small breather hole. While normal washing wouldn't hurt anything, pressure washing directly over the cap could introduce quite a bit of water into the system. Water in fluid would look real grey and cloudy.

Pumps stopped working? ....

My first thought would be wet pump serpentine belt slipping. But then you talk about fluid coming out of the overflow ( :confused: whats that?) and the filter??? Yikes! How much fluid? Did you pressure washer blow through a hydraulic hose?

I need more descriptive descriptions!!!

5. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Tommy ,
    I just went out and looked that's not an overflow on the filter but a hose came off of it .
    Page in manual says it's the charge pump inlet line. I hope I didn't get to much dirt and water in it . I would probably change filter an fluid. What do you think I should try?
    Thanks Steve

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Take it to dealer have them do a complete flush of the system. Did the hose blowing off have anything to do with the pressure washing?

7. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Yes , I think it came off from the water pressure.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a stoudt pressure washer!!!

:cool:

9. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I will watch out next time . The hose was just pushed over the nipple with no clamp on it . Can a dealer do a flush on these pumps?

10. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Tommy , Thanks for all your help .

Steve Snider