lazer z ignition wiring ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bracketshark, Aug 24, 2004.

1. bracketshark

bracketshark LawnSite Member

I recently had a problem with the wire connector to the ignition switch on my ~2001 lazer z. The motor would die from time to time, after some trouble shooting I found the plastic on the 5 wire connector was deteriorated and all of the wires weren't making good connection. I removed what was left of the plastic shield and connected the wires individualy to the switch and the problem is cured. Where can I get a new plastic piece for the 5 wires, I've checked with all of the local parts houses and have not found anything that will work. I'm afraid if more than one were to come off I might not be able to keep the wiring orientation correct. The wires and terminals on the wires are in good shape and do not need to be replaced. Thanks

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bracketshark,

I talked to the guys in service and you can us a Packard Number 02973422 which should be available from an auto supply store.

Thanks

Terry

3. bracketshark

bracketshark LawnSite Member

Well thanks for the info, I have been able to verify that this is a good p/n but no one local can supply it, and we have about 10 auto parts stores locally. It is made by or distributed by Power and Signal Corperation, but the lady there couldn't tell me where or who I could buy just one or two from. Can't I buy one from Exmark? Anyboy got any other Ideas where to purchase this part?Thanks, Bracketshark

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bracket,

I'll do some checking and see what I can come up with.

If you can send me your s/n to terry.eckert@exmark.com that would be great.

Thanks

Terry