lazer z lc 27kaw price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Nov 22, 2003.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

had a few minutes to kill today and stopped by the exmark dealer...they have a lazer lc w/ 14hrs for 8200...he said that the owner would prob deal a little off of that...i know that this mower is fairly expensive new, just wondering those of you that have one if this sounds pretty good....i was hoping to buy one in the spring...these damn dealers keep on trying to get me to spend my hard earned money early...many thx...

2. stevo22

anyone???

3. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

It all depends how bad you want it. Because a homeowner owns it you have more leverage on the price, dealers usually have a bottom line. What is your dealer selling that mower for new? Chances are good that the homeowner bought the mower from that dealer.

Chances are that mower is a 2003 model. Therefore if it was me I would offer 7600-7800 depending how bad I wanted it. However, if your dealer has his prices jacked up too much then it may look like you are lowballing excessively. I have seen new 2004 models marked down to about 8650 for a new lc27 61 but it all depends what kind of deals your dealers around you are having.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Need more info.

Something tells me that this IS a new mower, and the owner stevo22 is talking about is the Lawnmower Shop OWNER. It probably has 14 hrs of demo on it.

Anyway....It probably IS a 2003, and with all the improvements in the 2004's, they'd have to discount it more than that for me to bite.

Not that its relative, but I bought the same mower (a 2001 model) for $8495.

Like G-father said, wait till he gets in the 7's before jumping on it.

Now if it IS a 2004, then YES jump now!

5. stevo22

correct---the lawnmower shop owner not a homeowner...not sure if it is a 03/04...will wait a few weeks and see if is still there and make an offer in the 7's...thx...

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

You'd know an '04, as they have the ROPS, Gas tank mounted control panel, etc.

Could even be a 2002! If its a smaller mower shop.