Lazer Z Lever stabilizers

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jackman, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Exmark, I am alittle bugged right now my stabilizers are shot again one was replaced within the last 300 hrs and the other is original with 1400 hrs. I am bugged because if I can get 1400 hrs out of one the other should be good for alittle more than 300 hrs. At 26 dollars a pop I am bugged... Oh also just bought pin kits for the rollers (2nd time) a little pricey 10.95 for a bolt,wave washer, flat washer ,nut and the sleeve WOW....
    Sorry for the attitude but these are small parts with what seem like high prices.

Jack

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jackman,

And It's not attitude. Think of a little frustration with a little observation. I should know........I generally show a very high aptitude for poor attitude.........just kidding.

We agree that for $26 the dampners should last better and we're still working on it. We've been through a couple of vendors and many hours of testing. Will we get it resolved....yes. The big question is when 300 hours is a little below average right now. As a general rule most (not all) will get more than a season out of a set of dampners but very few will get a 2nd season out of a set. The mounting bolt is pricey and this probably won't change. The bolt is unique to Exmark and helps ensure that there is not binding and everything in the control linkages functions as it should. This is probably the one bold on the machine you don't want to loose when making repairs.

The real confusing part is that your not the only one that gets 1400 our of a set or out of one. The best I can do right now is say we're working on it just like we're working on tires that last longer, and belts and bearings and engines etc. We'll get there but the dampners are pretty high on the priority list.

Thanks

Terry