lazer z liquid cooled

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bond's Lawn Keepers, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Getting first liquid cooled Kaw. 60". I have two efi so i decided to try this one. Demo one for two weeks and it works fine. Dealer said it might take a little longer to get one they are behind on these mowers.
    Is anyone else having problems getting one of these mowers.
    I told him just get one.

2. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I got mine last Sept. and didn't have a problem getting one.
    That is a fantastic mower, you should love using it.
    Good luck!

3. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i am an exmark dealer the mower you are talking abought is not back orderdplenty of them around

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hmm,.. THIS certainly brings up questions, because I've NEVER heard of a particular Exmark mower being "unavailable". I've heard stories from people that were TOLD this from THEIR particular dealer, but when asking another dealer or Exmark themselves, it's a whole different story. There is something else there behind it.
    Anyway, while you're stil running your EFI's full tilt, tell how long it is when you are replacing your Kawi water pump and/or motor. We've experienced a FEW of them now, with relatively low hours on them. We just did another LS members Kawi that had a bad waterpump at about 1200 hours. Now, this isn't bad, really, considering the amount of hours on it. We were told by the dealer that the motor is junk, and had to be replaced. I think this owner just saved significant money by letting us do a little research and testing on it. We have a Kawi in the shop now that has a dead cylinder, and needs the head(s) redone. It has about 1100 hours on it.

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

my Liquid cooled Kawi's have 2200 Hrs and one has 2600hrs with no problems other than a oil seal change on head covers which took me five minutes to change on each side.

6. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Runner, re-doing the heads on my FH500V,(lapping the valves now) and was wondering if excessive carbon on the intake valves is normal.
    Low hours, and everything else looks real good. Just curious if it's a Kaw. thing.
    (Thanks)

7. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

carbon is very normal,all should remember with the kawi engine is to adjust the valves at the recomended hours inwhich I believe is 500 on the air and not sure on the water cooled,I had two drop a pushrod then bend the vealve ,due to being out of adjustment

8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Would you happen to know the correct valve lash, Dave? 17 HP FH500V.

9. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

hello ground control. If you only know what I have been through with these efi. One is 4 years old with only little problems. The other is 1year old and it has been in the shop more than it has been mowing.
    But now thanks to a dealer in Slidell, Louisana who knows how to fix these mowers. The other dealer did'nt have a clue to what was going on. But he was real cheap, Cheap is not the only thing
    I will be happy if the Kaw last at least a good mowing season. If it breaks then we will fix it. But have fun in your work, Some day you want be able to.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I'm sure you will get ALOT of good use out of this machine. To everyone that is worked on, or we hear about something going wrong, there are several out there withOUT problems, I'm sure. Don't sweat it, you'll be fine for a LONG time to come. (You will have cut alot of grass by that time - especially for something so minor). Also, this above post about the valve adjustment at a recommended amount of hours is a BIG "heads up" and should certainly prove to be helpful. I'll look in to this, as soon as I have the chance. Thanks, dave.