Lazer Z or Lazer Z Liquid Cooled

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dannyc33, Aug 4, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I'm getting rid of my Super Z and would like to move up to either a 72" 27 hp Lazer Z or 72" 27hp Lazer Z Liquid Cooled.
    I would like to know from current owners if the LC provides more power, productivity, and a better quaility or cut.

I know it's quieter, longer lasting, and more fuel efficient, but is it worth the extra $1000.

If you think I should go with the Lazer Z should I get the 27 hp Kaw or Koh?

Right now I mostly cut residential account, but plan on moving up to bigger commercial account in the next few years. I also would like to keep the mower for at least 4 or 5 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
    Dan

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dan:

Either the 27-hp Kohler or 27-hp LC-Kaw are both good choices. You just have to decide which product best fits your budget.

If you're going to keep your mower around for at least four or five years, I would encourage you to strongly consider the 27-hp LC-Kaw. If you do the same quality maintenance on the air-cooled Kohler and the LC-Kaw., the LC-Kaw. should easily surpass the Kohler in terms of operating hours. How many hours more is hard to say. What I have heard is this. The average life of an air-cooled engine is between 1200 and 1500 hrs., whereas the average life of a liquid-cooled engine is around 2500 hrs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I also copied this thread onto the general Commercial Lawn Care forum. I thought you might get more people looking at it on that part of LS.com.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Service