1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z or Lazer Z Liquid Cooled?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dannyc33, Aug 4, 2003.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I'm getting rid of my Super Z and would like to move up to either a 72" 27 hp Lazer Z or 72" 27hp Lazer Z Liquid Cooled.
    I would like to know from current owners if the LC provides more power, productivity, and a better quaility or cut.

I know it's quieter, longer lasting, and more fuel efficient, but is it worth the extra $1000.

If you think I should go with the Lazer Z should I get the 27 hp Kaw or Koh?

Right now I mostly cut residential account, but plan on moving up to bigger commercial account in the next few years. I also would like to keep the mower for at least 4 or 5 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
  2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

27 lq is awesome on the Lazer, Worth the money!
  3. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

Probly worth the money, but worth the extra 300 pounds??? I went with reg. Lazer beacuse of weight.
  4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 27/lc kaw on turf tiger,I've not had it long but it has about 950hrs on it.I love it.INMO pullin a 72" on large properties,and actually keepin it till the new wears I'd go with l/c.If I had choice between a kohler and kaw,same hp and all,I would choose kaw.I've had great luck with them.The only kohler I have owned was on a jd110 1967model.IT ONLY LASTED 19YRS.:rolleyes:
  5. Lazer Z EPS (28hp efi Kohler) $9k

Lazer Z LC (27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki) $9k

They are the same price and the EPS model you get suspension seat and the best fuel efficiency out of a gas engine.

Lazer Z no efi koh or kaw $8k
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

EXCELLENT advice. EFI, All the way. The EPS package is hard to beat. If I was going to buy another one tomorrow, that exactly what I would get. The power and fuel economy itself is more than enough reason to go with the fuel injection. This machine is serious business!
  7. dannyc33

dannyc33 LawnSite Member
    from indy

I though about the EPS, but several guys here have had problems with them. And EFI is just another thing that can go wrong, and when I does it's harder to fix, cost more to fix, and takes longer to fix.

Also could I just by a suspension seat and have it replaced?

And the LC seams to be what I'll get, thanks alot!!!
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You know what? I'm one of the guys having problems with my fuel injected Lazer. If I had to do it over again........I would buy another one :) The problem is not that widespread. I simply need to find a dealer that knows what they are doing. Once that is worked out, I have every intention on selling two of my other machines and buying another EPS or at another EFI machine of some kind.
  9. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

I've got a friend that runs 38 Lazers(60/25hp) only air cooled. He's put the LC's in the fleet and didn't feel it was worth the extra money. Not personal experience, just experince from a friend that runs quit a few mowers every day.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The same could be said about a liquid cooled engine. Lots more expensive stuff to break. If I were in your position I don't know what I would choose. But I sure hope you don't make a decision based soley on that train of thought.

My question to you is why not a Lazer Z XP? Liquid cooled and fuel efficient.