1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z overheat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn and stump, Nov 6, 2000.

1. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 60" lazer z with a 23 kawi.
    last mo.My employee said it was low on coolant well
    I found out the electric fan was not kicking on. I'm
    sure my dealer will fix it but I hope we caught it
    be for the motor was overheated. You buy something and
    assume it has been tested.who knows how long it was run low?
    anybody had a problem with a fan switch?
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What is the problem, no juice to the fan? Or is there juice there? Maybe a wire came off. Check fan relay on side of unit. Does it click when the engine starts? If yours is a new one, the fan is on all the time (it is on the 27's) The older 22's had a temp sending unit in the block that activated the fan only when engine was hot. Yours may still use this system. If thats the case, then your sending unit is bad. Hope you didn't fry the engine by overheating it. Was there any coolant in your recovery tank when you got it? Mine was a little low now that it is getting cold outside. I would call the dealer immediately and get it checked out. This way it is documented for a possible warranty claim.

Let us know how you made out.

3. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

Tom I called dealer he said might be sending unit
    as he had another experince.I ran a jumper wire to fan and
    it worked fine. Just hope my guy didn't over heat it too long, just kills me to have a brand new lazer with a possible warped engine!!