Lazer Z price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by We do 4 U, Jul 17, 2003.

1. We do 4 U

We do 4 U LawnSite Member

I got a price of $6995 for a 60" 23hp Kohler Lazer Z. Is this a good price. Seems good to me.

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds great, but i would want more power.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Price is very good. I paid nearly that much for a 48" hp 21kawi in the Winter.

Is it a leftover model? Demo?

More power is great but expect to pay for it. This one may be not moving because guys are going for the higher powered units. Still, you'll never regret getting the extra power.

4. Groundscare

Groundscare LawnSite Member

Just purchased a Lazer XP with 72" deck (27 hp Diesel) for $ 9500. The mower had 120 hours. The original purchase price was $ 11,700. I am very pleased with the mower performance so far. I am ordering the striping kit today ...

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I just paid $6,995 for 52 Lazer HP with the 23 Kawi and considered it a good deal.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good deal We do 4 U.

But, as others have stated, the engine is worked hard on that machine. If your into mowing lawns every week in optimal conditions, that engine will do fine.....

Remember, the 23 Kohler has 33 ft/lbs of torque, while others of the same HP have significantly more.

[​IMG]

7. maurader

maurader LawnSite Member

Thanks for the chart TLS. I never could find any specs on the torque differences between motors. Torque is more important than horsepower in a lot of circumstances. Makes me glad I got the Kawasaki on my Ferris 23/52.