Lazer Z Question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jwl5510, May 12, 2007.

1. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

What is better Exmark Lazer Z 60"

or

John Deere 757 60"

2. Southernscapes Lawncare

Southernscapes Lawncare LawnSite Member

John Deere has good equipment, but I prefer my 60" Lazer Z. I haven't had any problems with my Exmarks and talking to different people in my area the ones that have had problems are the ones who don't maintain their equipment correctly. I've priced the John Deere's and they are more expensive than the Exmark's. But either way you will get a good machine.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There is a reason that the Exmark is the No.1 seller and fastest growing of this type of turf equipment. Related to this, there is a reason why Toro aquired Exmark because they were growing so rapidly. There is also a reason why Toro opted to keep the Exmark name on these mowers.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have owned both so here is my opinion. The deere cuts bahai grass and any tall stringy grass better than the lazer z and has a smoother ride. However, the exmark has a much better quality cut in cutting a decent grass like centipede or st. aug. and has a awsome bagging system. Both have there pros and cons. My deere dealers suk big time so I would not own another one.