Lazer Z Ride Quality

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by D Fricks, Jul 10, 2002.

1. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

I Have The Lazer Z HP 23 Kaw. Love The Machine But after
    10 Hours or so you feel like you have rode hard and put up
    wet just wondering if exmark plans any ride improvements
    also love the excalibur blades Dont know what you other
    guys think but I seem to have more horsepower.
    I also bought the $500 seat didnt seem to help.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

D Fricks,

Congratulations! I personally like the 23 hp a great deal myself.

Unfortunately a somewhat bumpy ride is typical of anything with a short wheelbase like a mid-mount riding mower. For this reason we're really always looking at ways to improve the ride.

Since you've got the suspension seat you have taken a step in the right direction. I will however suggest you look at how the seat is adjusted. We could probably do a better job of educating people on the adjustment of the seat because most of the seats that I see in the field are in need of some adjustment.

The big issue on the seat is the weight adjustment. The seat has about 3-4" of suspension travel. When you sit down on the mower you don't wan ti to bottome out. Instead adjust the weight setting so that the seat drops approximately 1/2 way to the bottom of the seats travel. That way when you hit a bump you not only have some downward travel left in the seat but some upward as well. If the seats not adjusted properly it can make a big difference.

Thanks

Terry

3. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

On this same note,..

Wonder if anyone has fitted low pressure ATV type tires (like Grasshopper or DC uses) to an Exmark?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A lot has to do with your properties also. I have a few that will beat you to death, but most of mine are pretty smooth so its real easy on the body.

5. Mackado

Mackado LawnSite Member

You might want to check the air pressure in your tires. My Lazer had 20 lbs air in tires when I received it. I watched the dealer prep it and they did not ck air pressure so it came with that. I lowered the pressure to 13 lbs the ride was much better. It is still a little rough when the ground is very dry.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Mackado,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it along to the guys on the line.

Terry

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Before you fuss at the assemblers please remember that as the air in a tire gets hotter it expands. If the tire pressure was checked in 40 degree weather and then again in 90 degree weather there will be a big difference in tire pressure.

Please reread Nascar 101: Tire Pressures (also called "Why Jeff Gordon can't get his car to go for the first 10 laps on fresh tires"). :cool:

8. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

Richard Martin, In F1 racing they put helium in the tires because the helium doesn't expand and contract as drastically when the temp changes. FYI

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

aint that what was in the hindenburg.
    i ill do without that. might really give u a ride.

10. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Think if I put Helium in my mower tires it would take some of the weight off the lawn, reducing compaction???