lazer z running in circles

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bracketshark, Jul 21, 2004.

1. bracketshark

bracketshark LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm new here and looking for some help. My 60" lazer z drifts to the left while cutting. I have verified tire pressures and checked out controls adjustments per the manual also verified the pump belt idler is not allowing the belt to slip. With both control handles fully forward at full throttle it completes a circle with about a 85' diameter. It will also make this same circle in reverse (backing to the left). Any suggestions? I try to do my own repairs but I've run out of ideas. pump problem or wheel motor, what do ya' ll think? Thanks for the helpful site.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bracketshark,

It sounds like the LH tire is a little smaller than the right. Measure the tire circumference and air up the smaller tire until both sides are with in one half inch of each other or equal in size.

Thanks

Terry

3. bracketshark

bracketshark LawnSite Member

I checked that out and they were both within 1/4" of each other, but I found the problem. The arm in the left pump was a little loose, I never would have suspected that small amount to make that much differance. After I tightened it up I had to readjust the neutral position of the lever. Now I've got to learn to drive the thing again (a good thing). It now hauls butt again. Thanks