1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z- Should I buy it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Feb 12, 2002.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at a 2000 model Lazer Z with a 52" deck, water cooled 22 hp Kohler engine. It has about 310 hours on it and has been garage kept. It looks like new. They are asking $5800.00 for it though. I think it is a little high. What do you guys think?

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

was not aware they had a 22 kohler water cooled motor,but it sounds good . mine is aircooled but i can certainly recommend the kohler lazer 52 combination.
  3. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

why is the machine being sold?
  4. LeoS818

LeoS818 LawnSite Member

Dont think there is a LC kol. too high any ways.
  5. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

the original owner went out of business and sold all his stuff to this guy who does'nt need it. He had to take it as a part of the package.

Thanks for the input,

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Are you sure it was a "water cooled 22hp Kohler"?

It is possibe for someone to have put on a new Aegis LC Kohler though? Doubt it!

Is it a Lazer Z or a Lazer Z HP ? Vert or horizontal engine?

310 hrs isn't all that many for a 2000 model.

$5800 does seem a little high, not real high, just a bit more that I'd spend on a used 52" mower.
  7. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

I don't know where you are in virginia but if it's not too far go up to Brandell's in Fairfax (northern virginia). Last year they were selling brand new 60" lazers for 6700. I think they had Kawi 23s. Thats less than a grand more for a larger brand new mower.
  8. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

It's gotta be a Lazer ZHP That's too much money. In our area you can buy a new one for that prica. This one is 2 years old and may look nice but does the hour meter work? Also does the machine have all the updates? I would say going price should be about $4000.00 to $4500.00.