lazer z sputters and quits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turftodo, Jul 26, 2004.

1. turftodo

turftodo LawnSite Member

my 52 inch exmark acts like its running out of gas , but it runs fine at idle when the blades turn on it runs for a minute or two and sputters to a stop , sometimes it will run for hours with no problem , ive changes fuel filters and rebuilt carb, ive checked the seat switch what else can i do , ive been running these exmarks for years can`t figure this one out thanks guys

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Engine Please

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

When my 17 kawasaki did that it was a coil that was bad, had it replaced and runs perfect.

4. turftodo

turftodo LawnSite Member

i`ll try that 27 hp kawasaki

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Like Premo said, I had a similar problem with the coils on a Kohler. The old bomb 25 had many issues and low mounted coils were one of them.

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

How many hours are on the Kohler? I have never had a single moments problem out of any kohler I have ever used. One had over 3,000 hours on it when we decided to sell the mower. The 18hp Kohler command pro on my lazer has 1,700 hours on it and run's like a dream. It does however sound like a module problem to me so check that out.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Are you burning any coolant Or using any coolant??

John

8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

9. MastercutzLawnCareII

MastercutzLawnCareII LawnSite Member

I have had this problem twice in the past, both times it was the ignition switch, I think about a 10 dollar pasrt but its extremly frustrating...