1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lazer z striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by strayer1, Mar 3, 2004.

1. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

does anyone own a lazer z stripping kit on there z or is there a way of building one or are they actully worth the $250.00?
  2. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I saw a post on the pictures forum where the guy had taken lengths of chain and bolted to the rear of his mower. They hung down from the rear bumper and about 2 inches of each chain dragged the ground. The chains looked to be maybe 1/2 to 1 inch apart. I sent him a PM asking how it worked and he said it did a great job. I'm thinking of making one like that for my Lazer.
  3. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I know dealers need to make a living too.....but for accesories like that, go to ebay for big savings. You can buy those Exmark striping rollers for $180 or striping chains for $160.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

You can build a kit just like the exmark for about $25. Nothing thats just a roller and metal bracket is worth $250.
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

This is one i made for a Toro but can easily be made to fit Exmark.

feb 008.jpg
  6. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

thats what i thought for 250 it should be lined with gold....lol my brother inlaw is a welder so i figured there was landscapers out there designing there own....
  7. advantagelawn

advantagelawn LawnSite Member

how low below the bottom of the deck does the roller need to hang? i have thought about making one, but just was not sure how low to put the rolle
  8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Z HP with an adjustable height and spring loaded striping roller... for information / pricing contact Bryant LaFlair at 'Groundbreakers Manufacturing' (Gator Rator) he is one of our LawnSite sponsors.