lazer z vibration

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s and s mowing, Jun 16, 2005.

1. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

yep,180 hrs and changed blades last night and no help.really feel it in your feet on floorpan when in heavy grass.checked under deck tonite and far left blade has a little play in spindle,and other 2 are tite as my spindle shot or what the deal.
  2. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

bearings more than likely. My problem last week & last year... Actually the shaft had to be replaced also./
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, those bearings are gone. Otherwise everything would feel silky smooth and precise.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Bearings are gone, and yes, they CAN be replaced without changing the whole spindle. They sell you the whole spindle (or kit), but you can get the bearings and do it.
  5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

and once you make the repair, make your routine include spending an extra minute each time you sharpen to make sure your blades are balanced to avoid the repeat. 180 hrs is way too soon to lose a spindle, I had machines(lazers) with over 3000 hours that never took a spindle change.
  6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

with that low hours that unit should be under warranty take it back to your dealer and have it fixed for free.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

JINX! I have one going out, now. Just did it tonight at around 5. Got the "vibe", and sure enough, the center spindle has a bit of play in it. I know what I'll be doing in the morning.
  8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

So...did you change it out? How about an update?
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I changed mine...not the whole spindle, I just changed the bearings. Much cheaper that way.
  10. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

changed blades out and good to go,no spindle problem.thanks guys.if it dont rain i wont need a mower