1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lazer Z vs HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by GlowBlue, Apr 6, 2003.

1. GlowBlue

GlowBlue LawnSite Member

I am new to the site and am getting ready to purchase a new ExMark. I am looking at 20-23 HP, 52" deck models. I am a residential homeowner with 3 acres of flat lawn to cut, I currently have a 38" lawn tractor that takes about 4-5 hours to mow, so I have decided on a new ExMark, but I can't decide between the "Z" and the "HP"!

Can you help explain:

What are the major differences between a full-size "Z" and the "HP"?
    Why would someone choose the "HP" over the full-size "Z"?
  2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

3. GlowBlue

GlowBlue LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link, I should have been able to do that myself, too lazy I guess.
    Now the hard part, evaluating whether I need the "HP" or the "Z". The dealer will come out and let me demo them, which will help with the decision process.
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks, I knew I had posted on this once before but hadn't found it yet.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Glow blue,

Follow Esby's link to another thread. I think you'll find it enlightening.

The choice between the LHP and the LZ really comes down to preference. While I may like the 52" LHP for many great and wonderful reasons Fred or Dustin might prefer the LZ for an equal number of reasons.

Also 20 hp will be adequate but 23 is the most popular choice on a 52" deck.

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres what I Like

img_0429 resized.jpg