Lazer Z want start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by nate121080, Nov 12, 2007.

1. nate121080

nate121080 LawnSite Member
    from va

I have a 2001 Exmark Lazer Z with a 20hp kohler horizontal shaft. I was at my last yard for the day and it wouldnt start on the trailer. I replaced the switch and starter and that didnt fix it. When you turn the key you here it click then a low wining noise. Any suggestions?

2. nate121080

from va

I checked the battery voltage to it was 12.6 volts

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

you sure all the connections are good ? have you checked the relay ? Proper ground ?

Does it crank with jumper cables ? You could be reading enough voltage but the battery could be falling on its face when load is applied. I have a battery load tester but you could (probably with help) check voltage and crank it while checking voltage. Bet that suckers falling flat.

4. nate121080

from va

i hooked a voltage meter up to it. It read 12.6 volts. When I turned the ignition switch it dropped to 4 volts. Hooked jumper cables to it and it fired right up. So I'd say your right pro-scapes. Thanks for the help.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

gots yourself a bad battery there amigo. At least you got a back up starter now :laugh: :laugh:

Rememeber... keep it simple and it will save you thousands of dollars. Now you need to determine if its the bad battery or if its not charging.