Lazer Z....Why is is jerky?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by o-so-n-so, Mar 19, 2006.

1. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

My lazer seems to be a little jerky when you push both levers forward. I can operate it fine but my helpers are having a fit. Might just be the helpers lack of experience. All fluid is fine. What might cause this?

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I am pretty stupid when it comes to mechanical things but last year we had a similar problem with our 52 Exmark. One of the steering dampeners was worn out( I think thats what you call them...these look like the closure apparatus on a screen door that makes the door close when you open it)One of my employees put a new one on and it was very easy to install

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to check the hydro belt making sure it's tight and the hydro dump valves for being fully closed, Other than that I'm not sure on this unit.

4. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I would say it is the gas dampeners. How many hours does it have on it? Mine usually last for a 1000 hrs or so. If it is them they are real easy to fix.

5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

My machine has about 850 hours. I'll check the dampners....thanks for the input.:waving:

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I know a guy who had to replace them at 600 hours...as mentioned they are very easy to replace